TESOD Start

TESOD Start
TESOD Start

Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally a Day to Sail in Annapolis

After two weeks of really hot and humid weather with very little wind, we finally had decent breeze for a bit of training today. It was a beautiful day until 3 p.m. when the skies opened up with plenty of pretty flashes in the sky, but the boat was put away by then. Sunny and hot during the three hours I got in, sailing in about 15-17 knots of breeze. Got in several upwind/downwind legs in (thanks to J-World for putting out marks for me...oh yeah, and the J80s as well). I needed the time in the boat, and it was good to stretch my legs so to speak. It took a while for me to settle into the session, had a hard time focusing initially, have to remember that and go for a bit of a run or bike ride before hitting the water at the Worlds. Sailed with a tighter hiking strap today because I felt the breeze was a little puffy, lots of hiking in and out, and it seemed to work well. Nice now to be able to adjust the strap while I am sailing. All the systems seemed to be working well, so nothing to be concerned about ahead of the Worlds.

I am doing Race Committee duty tomorrow at SSA, and it looks like rain...wooooohooooo. Sunday should be much nicer, so will try to get out for a couple of hours on the water, do my last load of laundry before I leave, and maybe pack a little. This is going to be fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment