TESOD Start

TESOD Start
TESOD Start

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome

Well, here I am, once again doing something I have never done before (blogging), why not, it sounds like fun.

About 2 years ago, I started thinking about getting back into Laser sailing, I had taken a break of over 20 years sailing lead-draggers. I found a 1982 Laser that was maintained beautifully and was in excellent condition, and jumped back in with both feet. I have to admit, that even with 8 years of Laser sailing in the past, the first time back in the boat felt like I had never sailed one before. The new rigging upgrades make the boat so different to sail, and it has take quite some time for me to start figuring out what seems to work.

This year, I decided to go to Florida to compete in the Masters Mid-Winters East in Sarasota Florida. I had a blast sailing in this event, and became hooked, and decided to enter the 2009 Laser Masters World Championships, in St. Margaret's Bay Canada (just south of Halifax).

I went to the Masters North Americans in Wrightsville Beach, and the sailing was spectacular, but I learned that my older boat was not quite as stiff as the newer ones, and her performance suffered a little in the conditions. So.....I bought a bran new boat, my second bran new Laser after 43737. This sail number is 194520, and just plain white hull (as I like it).

And now I am off to the Worlds! The plan is to drive up leaving Annapolis on August 26 with 2 boats. I will convoy up with another Laser sailor from Annapolis, and should be at the event location by late on August 27. I will post more on schedule at a later date. I think this might be some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment