TESOD Start

TESOD Start
TESOD Start

Friday, September 10, 2010

In Portsmouth......Finally

Checked in at the hotel in Portsmouth......finally. Lesson learned, never ever rent from Hertz again. Halfway to Portsmouth, flat tire, go to change it, and the spare does not fit the car, yep, Hertz gave me a spare tire that does not fit the car. I had to wait 5 1/2 hours on the side of the road waiting to be picked up and taken to Hertz in Southhampton, then when I get to the Hertz office, they charge my credit card 180 pounds sterling for the tire, unbelievable, especially since I had to wait over 5 hours because the spare was wrong. So I didn't get a chance to go to Hayling Island and get my assigned boat and measure in. I will head over there tomorrow to hopefully get all that done.

Why do all the cars here have such poor visibility from the inside? Small back windows, and really hard to see around the car. Not to mention getting used to driving on the left side of the road, and shifting a manual with my left hand. Lots of fun. Of course it is chilly and overcast here, which from what I understand is the case 97% of the time. Supposedly it got so cold in the south of England in August, they had to turn on their heat. Glad I brought warm gear.

Tomorrow I go to the yacht club, get my boat, get measured in and hopefully get to sail a little bit. Now off to an early bed to try to make up for some of this lost sleep. Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment