TESOD Start

TESOD Start
TESOD Start

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rest Day

Well I decided to use our "rest day" literally and rested. Spent the day wandering around Halifax which was lots of fun, then planned to go back to the club for the dinner and band. I left with plenty of time, and promptly cruised into some pretty horrible traffic. about 40 minutes of sitting in traffic and still being in Halifax, I decided there was no point in going to the club, so instead I took Samson back to Point Pleasant Park.

Took a nice walk with him down to the water and lo and behold, stumbled on a beautiful vantage point to watch the Halifax Wednesday Night Races. Saw 30 to 40 keel boats racing on a beautiful crisp evening in about 12 knots of breeze. Then just turning a little and glancing up the river past a marina or two and there were smaller keel boats racing there. Great place!

Tomorrow the word is racing is to begin at noon instead of 1 p.m., and with the traffic I experienced this evening, I better leave myself plenty of time to get there. I hope that starting early is a good call and we get two races in earlier in the day.

1 comment: