TESOD Start

TESOD Start
TESOD Start

Monday, February 15, 2010

Florida Finally!!!

Well after two large snow storms that threatened to delay my departure for Florida for the Laser Midwinters East, I was able to get out of Annapolis after much digging and piling of snow. The drive to Atlanta started well, but deteriorated once I got to South Carolina where it was snowing quite heavily and traffic was horrendous. Atlanta had about 3 inches of snow when I got there, I really just could not get away from the cold white stuff! My plan was to spend the weekend with family in Atlanta, and then drive ot St. Pete on Monday. Of course once again snow got in the way, with the predicted snow for Sunday night in Atlanta, I left on Sunday and got to St. Pete on Sunday night. Got a bit of a bike ride in on Monday and helped to put a J80 away after St. Pete NOODs.

A good day all in all. Some nice blues tonight with dinner, and finally some time to relax and not freeze! Weather is quite chilly here in Florida with temps in the 60s today and not expected to get out of the 50s for the next couple of days, still streets better than what Annapolis is getting right now. Tomorrow will be another light day, with a bike ride and some fun around town, then Wednesday off to Clearwater for a day of practice on the water and register for the regatta. I will be updating this blog as often as I can, so please keep checking back.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment